Announcing Plan Bay Area Spring 2013 Meetings and Public Outreach
The Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) and the Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) will release the Draft Plan Bay Area on March 22, 2013. This starts the public comment period for the long-range plan that looks forward to the year 2040. A companion Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) will be released a week later on March 29, 2013. The public comment period for the Draft Plan and Draft EIR will extend until May 16, 2013.
Plan Bay Area charts a course for accommodating needed housing growth within our nine counties while at the same time decreasing greenhouse gas emissions from cars and light trucks. By laying out the Bay Area’s first-ever Sustainable Communities Strategy, Plan Bay Area seeks to meet these challenges head on — without compromising local control of land-use decisions.
Please attend one of the nine Plan Bay Area Open Houses listed on the Plan Bay Area Meetings & Events page: view displays/ask questions about the Draft Plan Bay Area; stay to offer comments at the Public Hearing held the same evening, adjacent to the Open House. Or leave your comments at the comment station at the Open House. No registration is needed.
The Public Hearing is your opportunity to provide oral comments on several documents related to the Draft Plan Bay Area:
- Comment on the Draft Plan Bay Area.
- Comment on the Draft EIR, which examines the proposed plan and four alternatives and analyzes the range of potential environmental impacts that could result from the implementation of Plan Bay Area.
- Comment on the Draft 2013 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP), which implements Plan Bay Area by identifying surface transportation projects over the next six years that are regionally significant or will receive federal funds.
- Comment on the Draft Transportation-Air Quality Conformity Analysis for Plan Bay Area and the Draft 2013 TIP.
Multiple ways to submit your comments!
- Give us your oral comments at one of the public hearings listed on the Meetings & Events page.
- Submit your comments via e-mail to email@example.com.
- An online forum - Plan Bay Area Town Hall – will be featured on the planbayarea.org website once the Draft Plan is released.
- Send your comments via mail to MTC, Plan Bay Area Public Comment, 101 Eighth Street, Oakland, CA 94607.
ABAG and MTC are slated to adopt Plan Bay Area and the companion Environmental Impact Report in June 2013.
If you need a sign language interpreter, if English is your second language and you need translation services, or if you require any other type of assistance please contact us by calling 510.817.5757 or 510.817.5769 for TDD/TTY. We require at least three days' notice to provide reasonable accommodations.
Si necesita un intérprete del lenguaje de señas, si el inglés es su segundo idioma y necesita un intérprete, o si necesita cualquier otra ayuda por favor comuníquese con nosotros al número 510.817.5757 o al 510.817.5769 para TDD/TTY. Requerimos tres días de anticipación para proveer asistencia razonable.